Friday, January 21, 2011

NeoShell @ OR

Out @ OR this week for some work and fun.  Skied a day at Brighton,conditions were just like home in the Midwest, the only difference was longer runs.  Hard pack,iIce, small amounts of movable snow...Just like Home!!  YAY!!

So, today was the first day of "Peddling my shit" at the show.  It is a bit slower then the last few shows for day 1 that I have attended, but still awesome none the less.  Just want to give a shout out to a new jacket coming out from Marmot for next fall. Its called the Zion Jacket for both men and Women, and is a fully taped, 2 way (up/down and left/right) stretch, waterproof softshell.  It has a minimum 10,000mm H20 rating, and a .5cfm rating for air transfer through the jacket for excellent breathability.

Check it out; http://www.pitchengine.com/polartecllc/polartec-neoshell-liberates-veterans-of-adventure/101621/

The new jacket is the yellow one.



SO, I haven't used it yes, and would love to climb a wet ice route in it to put it through the real world realities to see what it is really like.  So far my only negative thought is how thick the jacket is with a micro fleece backer on it.  It might be a bit on the warm side for being super active, but with the breathability that this has, it might not be!

I am also super excited for the new MH H20/breathable softshell for next fall.  They have some new technology that Steve S showed me that looks pretty cool.  It is a super stretchy, thin jacket that I think might turn a few heads as well!

Today, I also had the pleasure of meeting this guy; http://coldthistle.blogspot.com/  super cool dude, and I can't wait to get some of his hammers on my Nomics!  Future posts will come about those new toys.

Maybe Posts from Norway.....I leave in one week from Today!! F-YEAH!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment