Thursday, March 10, 2011

How to protect your soft aluminum heads.

I have a few friends...well, most of my friends all climb with Nomics. Some of those people climb trad with them and don't bring a hammer a long with to pound in iron. I will pound in pegs myself as well, but just not as much as others do.

This is my Friend Bryan's tool, he uses it for everything....and if you look at the head close enough, just imagine what the back side looks like.  They are beat to hell, just take my word for it.

So, how to protect the Aluminum heads of your Nomics and prolong the life of them.  I say prolong the life, because the tool above is only two or three years old and the head is starting to get loose.  To do so, you need a hammer.  Two options. 1. Buy a Petzl hammer.  2.  Buy an after market hammer.

I chose option two;

I just received my hammers the other day, and without using them yet, pretty frekin sweet. They are light weight, low profile and once I put them on, I don't think that I will ever notice a change in swing.  Now I will be able to protect the soft aluminium heads on my Nomic and pound as much as I will ever want to.  I believe that this option is the best out there on the market right now.  Now, all I have to do is wait for Petzl to get there shit together and start shipping the new picks for me to use them...ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment